Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Now for somthing different..





SOCCER!!!!
Here is a great was to help forget my Red Sox woe's.
1. Volunteer to coach a U-12 boys soccer team
2. Spend hours on the phone hooking up with kids parents.
3. Plan for hours how to run your practice.
4. Have a practice day and watch your well planed drill fail miserably.

Well. its not that bad. This is my 12th year of coaching Soccer. This year I have only 1 team. Some years I was Head coach for two teams and an assistant coach for a third. Yes, I was busy. Every week night book and Saturdays at the field were an all day occasion.

Tonight for an 1 and 1/2 hours I will have the rapped attention of eleven boys aged 10 and 11. As it is a rec team, lets just say that attendance is hardly ever at 100%. So I press forward and gauge each childed to see what position the will be their strongest at, try to keep their interest in a variety of drill and lift their failing spirit's once the Florida heat bakes the top of their heads.

For 1-1/2 hours today I will not think of the Sox at all....something I really need at the moment.

No comments: