Thursday, January 31, 2008

LUGO goes to the Mets!!!

Well, had some of you Lugo haters going for a second!!

No its not Julio Lugo but his little brother Ruddy!

He was snatched up for the Athletics on Wednesday.

This plucky right-handed reliever finished 6-0 with a 5.40 ERA in time split between the A's and Rays during the 2007 season.

With the addition of Santana the Mets are poised to be a pitching powerhouse in the 2008 season.

Anyone remember when the 2 bro's were on the Rays together???
How about in 2007 when the Red Sox and the Athletics played and both brothers were the field....nothing like being in the batters box , having your little brother pitch to you while you are hoping he has forgiven you all the boyhood pranks you played on him........if I was Ruddy I'd be thinkin' BEANBALL!!!

3 comments:

Ted D said...

jmp, if I remember it right, Julio got a double off Rudy I think.

Good to see you back posting again.

JMP said...

Ted, I think you are right...I do remember Rudy pitching to Julio and at that point my two girls decided to go into a full scale shouting match and I did miss some to the game.
I usually let the kids settle their arguments themselves but this time the interrupted my Sox game!!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Tease.
=P