Friday, January 25, 2008

Flashback 6-2-2007


Last night I needed a major RED SOX fix!!!!

I felt that if I could not watch a game to satiate my urge that I would become Jack Nickleson In 'The Shining" !!! Instead of saying 'Here's Johnny' my words would be
'Where's Fenway!!!'

Staring at last years calender, June 2nd looked good! A home stand and a win sandwiched between 2 losses to the Yankers......

My feeble memory also jogged this date as being one game to cherish.. and my failing memory was correct.

The game saw the following:

1) Mikey endearing himself even further to the RSN....his football take down of Cano...... his 3 hits and 4 RBI's.... a homer off the top of the green monster
( by this time in the season a lot of people were jumping on the 'we love mike lowell' bandwagon )

2) Youk's hitting streak ending at 23 games....he walked a crazy 3 times this game!!! Talk about patience:>)

3) Tek's center field homer...and his overall excellent catching....enough said!!! We all know how great he is.

4) Okie-dokie and Paps shutting down the Yankers.. with Okie getting the win.....

5) Schill perform poorly..raising the question yet again about his age...ability and stamina.... which also had the RSN wondering the 3R's for his future....Retirement, Relocation or Remaining... We know which on it is now!

6) Pena continuing to play like he has some where else he would like to be... and he did!!!

7) The mighty Mite banging away at Second base and in the batters box!!!! Always fun to watch!

8) Papi being his fun loving self.... monkey shining behind Francona during Tito's in-game interview..and Tito lovingly stating that he was goin' to kick papi's ass!!! Now THAT was funny!!!

9) Coco flying like Superman in Center field and between the bases.

10) Manny being intentionally walked too many times. Listening to the moronic sportscasters harping on Manny for having a pack of sunflower seeds hanging out of his back pocket..... geesh what a bunch of losers.

11) Having to look at A-rods puss WAY to much.........

12) Mientkiewicz having a close encounter with Lowell's thigh. Good thing he was not hurt too much. ( even better that Lowell did not get hurt!!) Even if he is a Yanker now...he is still a great guy and has not turned into one of 'them' as Roger did.

13) Final score?? 6-11....yes!!!!

I could go on and on...but I won't.

Did I get my fix???? well kind of.... watching an old game lacks the tension of a live game...the anxiety is missing . It is fun to watch and relive key plays and like watching a favorite movie over again allows you to see things you missed the first time around.

Now we only have to wait till March 1st for the first Spring Training game...........is it March yet??????

5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hey! Look who posted! =)

For the record, I was on board the Mike Lowell love train by about April 10. Two-thousand-SIX. ;-)

I'm not sure what this March nonsense is though. Pitchers & catchers report in 17 days. And don't think I won't be all over *that* action! LOL

JMP said...

Hi Dawn,
I remember being at a few spring training games in 2007 with fans razzing him..... I was liking him back with the Marlins and was hootin' and hollerin' for him. I'm sure we will continue to see some good stuff from him.

QUOTE 'March NONSENSE' UNQUOTE.... from you no less!!!! Well I talking games.... not smile for the cameras time..... I need action and as meager as the action is during spring training..I'll take it!!

Ted D said...

IT LIIIIIIIIIIIVES!

Hey man, glad to see you back around.

I remember JUMPING off my chair when Lowell flattened Cano. Only time I think I yelled harder after a hit was when Hinkse slammed into Posada later in the season!

Spent the other night watching the Sox/Yankees game when they wore the green jerseys as a memorial to Red Auerbach after he passed; not the same as watching it live, but I'm with you.

Gotta get a fix every now and then.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am not picky. I will take whatever I can get. Smiling at the camera included. And pitchers & catchers playing catch. Whatever makes the number of days I have to wait smaller.

JMP said...

Ted:
Wow. Thanks for jogging my brain cells!! Now I remember that play. Hinske's take out of Posada was great!! Recalling that brought a big smile to my face. I wonder how heated the Sox/Yankees games will be this year... after all we rubbed their faces in the dirt last year!!!

Dawn:
Games and action!! Thats what I'm waiting for...Cant wait!
Softball season is about to start here. Kayla my 13 year olds is right at this moment at try-outs for her league and the games start in mid feb. Thats fun to watch!