Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tickets Tickets My Kingdom for some Tickets


Well as most of you know single game tickets went on sale today. And a large percentage of you had the same results as I.

I got BUPKISS!!

I entered the 'system' promptly at 10am which was the starting time. That placed me in the virtual waiting room. It is a room of limbo..a step into the twilight zone..where your senses become numb from lack of interaction, lack of information and lack of effectiveness.
A button refreshes itself every 30 seconds and according to your position in line it decides to let you in or not....but another area on the page states it picks at random...so which one is it????

Exactly 2 hours and 23 minutes the screen finally changes allowing me to select a date , next I was able to pick location..Loge was the best available so I grabbed it. Then I picked the quantity, 2.....ok all is fine to this point. Shows the total..@ 186.00 for the two tickets.
I'm a couple of clicks away from nirvana at this point.
Then it asks if I would like another game. Heck sure I think to my self. So I click and bongo!!! I'm booted out..looking at my wallpaper and no tickets in sight.

Nirvana has just become Dantes Inferno!!!

Jump back into the virtual waiting room and well lets just say I never got back in finally giving up a 545 pm.
But while I was waiting the second time I decide to call the phone ordering system... after about 200 tries I finally get through. Of course the system is automated 100%. So I go through the list of required button pushing only to have the system tell me that due to the game almost being sold out it can not give me 2 lousy seats next to each other. SO I spend about 30 to 40 minutes trying other sections in other games in the time slot I needed and to no avail...even bleachers were separate seating......and then the systems says" encountered error 59..please call 555-555-5555 and tell the operator you had error 59...click....UGH!!!!!

All I can say is I was so upset and disappointed that I was ready to melt into a puddle of bubbling goo. I felt like I was 8 years old and being told that the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause were all shams. I felt like a 10 year old who's best friend just told him that they were moving out of state. I felt like a kid who just got a puppy that only comes near you to pee on your foot. I felt worse than Charlie Brown after Lucy yanks the foot ball away as he is trying to kick it.

So much for the pilgrimage to Fenway this year as the so called lottery that is coming up for the Yankee games will be so impossible to get that you would have better luck winning the lottery.

Life sucks..then you die!!!

5 comments:

Ted D said...

JMP, you are AMPED, aren't you? I had a window up all day, but not for me, for some friends needing tickets.

For my first trip to Fenway in May, a buddy had gotten tickets for Friday and Sunday. Another friend actually got us Loge seats yesterday for Saturday. So thankfully I'm set.

I hate it for you, though. Have you tried Stub Hub? I've heard you can already get tickets to games this year there already.

JMP said...

Hey Ted,
Ya koow..I would not have been too pissed of if I never got into the system. But the fact that I HAD the tickets almost in my hand and to LOOSE them, well that put me over the edge.

Like you new blogger page!!!

Sharp and bold...a bit busy but in a good way!!!

Oh..I wont do second market tickets...its goes against the grain for me.
Too many people scarfing up tickets and reselling for 3, 4 times the face value.. its just not right.

Ted D said...

jmp,

I had about 5 people say the same thing you did about Sat. They got in, then the system crapped out.

Sorry, man. It sucks, I know.

And thanks for the comments on the blog; still not sure what I'm going to do. Everynow and then I get a wild hair about it, and change something. We'll see.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I take solace in knowing that I can see the Sox in Tampa for ridiculously cheap. I can sit *on* the field practically for $50. Can't beat that with a stick. You can bet I'll be at at least one game per series!

JMP said...

Hey Dawn,
OH ya...I'll be there for all three series. Heck its so close.

I'm really looking forward to hitting Boston. Have not been there in 5 years.
Miss the pubs and Durgin Park!!!

Will be heading up some time this summer. Have grandstand seats but hoping to score something better for a Sept. game.