Friday, February 1, 2008

Deal is Sealed: Our Boys are Safe!!


A collective sigh of relief rippled through the RSN tonight when it was announced that the deal between Johan Santana and the Mets has become official.

Johan only has to pass a physical on Saturday.

His deal has given him a six year extension to his existing contract which will be $137.5 Million plus a $7 Million signing bonus on his 2008 salary. So he gets a tad over $150.7 over seven years which is about $22Million per year.......

The Mets fans must be in 7th heaven this evening with a team that is a sure WS contender.

We in the RSN can sleep well tonight knowing our boys (Clay Buchholz, Jon Lester, Jacoby Ellsbury, Justin Maserson , Jed Lowrie and possibly Coco Crisp and Julio Lugo) are safe and sound in the RED SOX Crib!!!

3 comments:

Ted D said...

I would have loved to have Santana, but I'm also relieved the young pups are still here.

Can you say back-to-back?

JMP said...

Ted,
If they go back to back I'll be floating so high that I would not touch Earth again for 100 years!!!!

Ted D said...

You and me both, jmp.

You and me both.